Nelson Community Masjid is an award-winning Mosque recognised for its role in helping people of all races and religion in Pendle, one of the most deprived areas in the country with very high levels of poverty.
As a result Nelson Community Masjid has a number of projects that help all members of the community regardless of race or religion. They have the following projects running at the moment:
- NCM Foodbank: This provides emergency food parcels to those in need. Thousands of parcels have been given out to date.
- The Ansaar project: NCM offer a comprehensive service to asylum seekers and refugees.
- Nelson Community Langar: NCM has provided over 9,000 hot meals in 2022 so far.
- Zakat fund: NCM has given over £50,000 of zakat money locally to vulnerable Muslim families
- Senior club: NCM has launched a club for the over 60’s whereby they are provided with a space for them to socialise, pray, eat and do yoga together at the masjid.
- Mental health support: NCM offers regular healing sessions to those who need them.