Raza Jamia Masjid & Islamic Centre in Accrington is a true pillar of the community, operating round the clock, seven days a week, with open doors to the wider public. They are dedicated to inclusivity, with facilities that cater to the diverse needs of Muslims, fostering unity and understanding among both Muslims and non-Muslims.
Key highlights of their exceptional services and contributions include:
- Community centre: Their community centre, open to the public, serves as a hub for various activities and gatherings, ensuring the mosque remains a welcoming space for everyone.
- Inclusive facilities: Raza Jamia Masjid offers dedicated prayer and wudhu facilities for women, striving to make every Muslim feel a part of the mosque.
- Funeral service: Their commendable provision of free funeral services, complete with a private ambulance and hearse, eases the burden on the public during challenging times. Notably, they do not charge for the use of these facilities.
- Madrassah and free courses: With over 300 students in their Madrasah and a range of free courses open to the public, the mosque plays a pivotal role in education and community development.
- Islamic talks and events: Regular Islamic talks and events held monthly enrich the community’s spiritual growth and understanding.
- Marriage ceremonies and shahada: The mosque has been a witness to countless marriage ceremonies, as well as the heart-warming ceremonies where individuals embrace Islam.
- Community unity: Raza Jamia Masjid has been instrumental in uniting the community, fostering harmonious relationships among both Muslims and non-Muslims. Their facilities are widely used, including funeral services, by individuals from all walks of life.
- Educational outreach: The mosque has welcomed numerous non-Muslim visitors and school groups, offering insight into the Islamic faith and culture, contributing to greater understanding and unity.
Raza Jamia Masjid & Islamic Centre’s dedication to inclusivity, education, and community engagement makes them a standout finalist in the mosque awards. Their commitment to unity and outreach is truly commendable, reflecting the values of diversity and togetherness.