Masjid Esa ibn Maryam’s commendable efforts have garnered praise and positive feedback from their community in Birmingham, including the following key activities and initiatives:
- Community Engagement and Outreach: Masjid Esa ibn Maryam demonstrated its commitment to its immediate neighbours by sending them a letter accompanied by a chocolate bar gift. This thoughtful gesture informed the neighbours about the measures being taken ahead of Ramadhan, fostering positive relationships and community cohesion.
- Educational Programs: The mosque organizes monthly community events with visiting scholars and orators, providing opportunities for religious education and spiritual growth. These events contribute to the intellectual and spiritual development of the community.
- Fundraising for Sustainability: To support the running costs of the mosque, Masjid Esa ibn Maryam conducts food sales and bake sales, involving the community in raising funds. This initiative highlights the importance of sustainability and financial stability.
- Youth Development: The mosque recognizes the transitional period post-Madrasah age and offers teen classes to cater to the needs and growth of teenagers. These classes provide guidance and support during a critical phase of life.
- Global Causes: Fundraising appeals for global causes demonstrate the mosque’s commitment to making a positive impact beyond the local community. This global perspective helps build a sense of social responsibility.
- Qur’an Classes: Masjid Esa ibn Maryam offers various Qur’an classes for both brothers and sisters at different levels, ensuring accessibility to religious education for all members of the community.
- Community Celebrations: Eid Fundays with various activities bring the community together for joyous celebrations, strengthening bonds and fostering a sense of unity and belonging.
- Health Awareness: Health awareness events underscore the mosque’s commitment to the overall well-being of the community, offering valuable information and resources.
- Educational Workshops: Workshops on core Islamic guidance, such as Zakat, Janazah, and Inheritance/Wills, equip the community with essential knowledge to navigate various aspects of life.
Masjid Esa ibn Maryam’s activities and initiatives reflect its dedication to community engagement, education, sustainability, and social responsibility. The positive feedback received, as well as the willingness to accept constructive criticism for continuous improvement, is a testament to the mosque’s commitment to serving its community effectively and inclusively.