Al-Manaar Muslim Cultural Heritage Centre is a registered UK charity that was officially inaugurated by HRH The Prince of Wales, Prince Charles, on 17th May 2001.
Their mission is to serve, educate, empower and inspire people to play an active and positive role in building cohesive and sustainable communities at a spiritual, social, economic and cultural levels.
Still working with those impacted by the Grenfell tragedy, Al-Manaar also provides Saturday tuition sessions for students from disadvantaged backgrounds as well as the following:
- Al-Manaar Counselling Service
- Advice and pastoral care including work to assist people with spiritual growth and relationships
- Quran sessions for everyone with the aim to help beneficiaries connect with The Quran
- Marriage events to create a safer environment for singles to meet with the intention of marriage
- State-of-the-art washing room for ghusl before funeral service
- Al-Manaar Community Kitchen to provide catering services to the community
- Hiring of room and halls for marriage ceremonies, aqeekah, funeral events and meetings
- Arabic Language Classes
- Training 25 adults each year in ICT skills